Education Minister, Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum says the sector has not approved any textbook meant for students of basic four, teaches Oral Language, Reading, Writing and Grammar.
He described the report circulating that the Ghana Education Service (GES) has given the green light for the anti-Ewe book for use in basic schools across the country as “untrue” – and urged the public to disregard the publication.
“The book is not approved,” Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum exclusively told Peacefmonline.com.
Okyere Baafi Alexander has authored An English language textbook that allegedly portrays people of Ewe extraction as Juju-loving.
The book with the inscription “Golden English” is said to be “based on the new NaCCA (National Council for Curriculum & Assessment) syllabus”.
- NDC to take further actions against Allotey Jacobs, Koku Anyidoho – Ofosu-Ampofo reveals
- Politicians Gather In large Numbers For Their Selfish Reasons But The Creative Industry Cannot Gather To Earn A Living: Bull Dog Laments
- Defence Ministry staff, military man, 3 others arrested in armed robbery using military vehicle, weapons
- NDC blew GHc1.7million on election collation with no results to show – Atubiga
- Kennedy Agyapong rejects free coronavirus vaccines to Ghana