On our first episode of Profiling women on our Weekly #Wednesday Crush, we chanced upon Rose-Mary Owusuaa Mensah Gyening LinkedIn profile’s.
Who Is Rose-Mary Owusuaa Mensah Gyening ?
Rose-Mary Owusuaa Mensah Gyening is a Ghanaian lecturer and a former student of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
On March 12, 2021, she completed and graduated from KNUST with a Ph.D.( Doctor of Philosophy in Computer science.
This according to facts makes her the first Ghanaian female to achieve this feat in the history of KNUST
Few days after earning her Ph.D., she took to her Facebook page to announce her achievement.
In her post, she recalled how she had to juggle studying outside the country for her master’s and continue with her Ph.D. right after and also managing the home and catering for her children as well.
She went on to appreciate God and thank her family for their support
Read her caption below
“It has not been easy but God has been faithful. I am very grateful to my family and loved ones for encouraging me to go this far. We made history together!” she said.
“For me, the most important is to hold the door for many ladies to pass through!… Computer Science is largely a male-dominated field but we are changing the narrative! So don’t give up, push harder and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel,” she stated.
- The man who invented Mathematics
- I came to Accra to find a job. But the Accra boys CHOP me and throw my things away – Lady reveals
- Angry Youth Hint At Exposing This NPP National Executive For Secretive Mining Activities
- Sunyani: Police officers, three others remanded over death of 48-year-old man
- HOT VIDEO: Ghetto Guy Flogs Military Officer Over A Mobile Phone In Sunyani