BEIJING (AP) — Israel’s Embassy in China is protesting what it describes as “blatant antisemitism” on a program run by the overseas channel of state broadcaster CCTV discussing the ongoing violence in Gaza and elsewhere.
“We are appalled to see blatant antisemitism expressed in an official Chinese media outlet,” the tweet said.
“Jews dominate finance and and internet sectors,” Zheng says, speaking in English. “So do they have the powerful lobbies some say? Possible.”
Zheng then accused the U.S. — China’s top geopolitical rival — of using Israel as a “beachhead” in the Middle East and a as proxy in its campaign to defeat pan-Arabism.
Spokesperson Erez Katz Volovelsky said Wednesday the embassy had nothing to add to its tweet and had so far received no reply from CGTN, which CCTV operates for foreign audiences, similar to Russia’s RT.
There was no immediate comment from CCTV and Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said he was “not aware of the situation.”
“China has repeatedly stated its position on the Palestine-Israel situation,” Zhao told reporters at a daily briefing.
Judaism is not one of China’s officially recognized religions and stereotypes about Jews as shrewd businesspeople and market manipulators are common among the Chinese public.
- Man U Boss Defends Pogba And Diallo Over Displaying Palestinian Flag
- Don’t Let Anybody Beg You ; Be Bold And Sue Akufo-Addo – NPP National Women’s Organiser Advised.
- My Mother Married Four Times”- Former President J.A Kuffuor talks About How All His 9 Siblings From Different Father’s Have The Surname “Kuffuor”
- MASLOC ICT System In Limbo, One Year After its launch
- Upper East: 45 Yr Old Pastor Stoned To Death