The Embassy of Ghana in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has discredited reports that Ghanaian and UAE passport holders would now be able to traverse the two nations without a visa following the endorsement of the Visa Waiver Agreement between the two nations.
The consent to offer without visa passage to Ghanaians and UAE identification holders was supported by Parliament on Thursday, August 5, 2021.
As per subtleties of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Government of Ghana and the UAE, the concession to a common exclusion of passage visa necessities is regarding political, administration/uncommon, and standard identification holders.
However, Ghana’s agent in the UAE has explained that although the arrangement has been sanctioned by the Parliament of Ghana, the cycles for its execution have not been finished.
In an articulation dated August 9, the Embassy encouraged the overall population to dismiss the reports guaranteeing that it will “officially communicate any changes to the current entry visa regime” at the point when the arrangement comes into power.
“It has come to the attention of the Embassy that the publications on the internet on social media seem to suggest that Ghana passport holders can now travel visa-free to the United Arab Emirates…”
“The Embassy urges the public to disregard all such publications and messages,” the statement said.
READ FULL STATEMENT BELOW:
- Apple’s Plan To Scan Phones For Child Abuse Worries Privacy Advocates
- Who Led Tokyo Olympics Medal Count? Here’s how Each Country Is Performing At The Summer Games
- Enormously proud’: New Zealand celebrates greatest ever Olympics medal tally in Tokyo
- Actor Bishop Bernard Nyarko’s Caretaker Finally Reveals What k!lled Him
- Hot Video: A Ghana Vlogger Visited The Himba Tribe Of Africa, Where A Visitor Is Being Welcomed With sЄx