According to the chiefs, Galamsey activities is a threat to their water bodies in their communities.
The Chiefs of communities in the Sissala East Municipality and Kassena Nakana West district demand for government to remove illegal miners in their areas in the Upper East and Upper West regions respectively.
The chiefs organized a petition signing conference at Banu in the Sissala East Municipality which was attended by affected electoral areas Assembly members and the Municipal Chief Executive.
The District Chief Executive in both affected Assemblies, NGO’s and the media were also part of the program.
The petition appeals to the government to stop the activities of the illegal miners and evacuate them to save the environment and water bodies in the area.
Please below are the petition and videos at Banu:
- U/W: Heavy Downpour; One Dead in Wa
- Chelsea’s Goalkeeper Out Ruled Out Of International Games Of This Month
- 2021 Budget: Government is Insensitive to the Plight of Ghanaians
- NDC failed in its Rescue Mission In 2020 Election Because JM is a Wickling
- George Floyd anthem ‘I Can’t Breathe’ by H.E.R wins Grammys song of the year